Millaman Cabernet Sauvignon/Malbec
- Grape : Cabernet Sauvignon/Malbec
- Country : Chile (Curico Valley)
- Type : Red
- ABV : 14.5%
2 in stock
Millaman Cabernet Sauvignon/Malbec Tasting notes
Intense red with violet tints. Complex wine. At first, aromas of black fruits such as mulberry and blueberry are highlighted along with soft notes of spices and toast. A soft wine of ripe and sweet tannins, a balanced acidity and a long finish
Food match for Millaman Cabernet Sauvignon/Malbec
Great with simple grilled rib eye steak or short ribs or even just some juicy burgers. I beef is not your thing then it works fabulously well lamb too. Not to be left out the vegetarians can enjoy it with strong mushrooms with puy lentils or other strong umami flavours. If you fancy a red with cheese then try semi-hard cheeses such as aged cheddar, gouda or truffle brie.
Millaman Cabernet Sauvignon/Malbec Producer/Region
José Canepa, an Italian immigrant, bought Hacienda El Cóndor in Peteroa in 1946, thus starting his dream of producing the best wines of the Curicó Valley. In 1998, the desire to expand and perpetuate the winemaking tradition with his three daughters led to the creation of a new winery based on the Hacienda, giving rise to Viña Millaman. The centuries-old walls of the cellar were carefully restored and modern facilities were added. A new stage began: the family tradition along with an innovative spirit joined forces in order to express the best characteristics of the New World wines i.e. an explosion of fruity aromas, rich and lively flavours. This marked the beginning of Millaman and reflects the core of their company.
Millaman is committed to taking an active role in conserving the environment. The name Millaman comes from the native language of the Chilean indigenous community and means “Golden Condor”, symbolizing the wildlife of Chile.
- Subscription to an APL (“Acuerdo de Producción Limpia”: Clean Production Agreement) granted by the CCV (“Corporación de Viñas de Chile”: Chilean Vineyards Corporation);
- Minimal use of pesticides and chemicals;
- Use of controlled pest management techniques;
- Recycle of natural resources: all the water used in our production facilities is recycled and re-used for irrigation of the vineyards;
- Drip irrigation system to save water;
- Re-use of all natural waste during the production process as an organic fertilizer.