Chateau de Pelerins Pomerol

£31.50

  • Grape :  Merlot/Cabernet Franc/Cabernet Sauvignon
  • Country : France, Pomerol
  • Type : Red
  • ABV : 14%

12 in stock

Chateau de Pelerins Pomerol Tasting notes

Chateau des Pelerins Pomerol is a full-bodied Pomerol made from a blend of 80% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Cabernet Franc. Aromas of plums and chocolate with a smooth palate, velvety tannins and a hint of vanilla on the finish.

Food Match for Chateau de Delfrins Pomerol

Chateau de Pelerins Pomerol goes well in wine and food matching with the majority of braised, roasted or grilled meats ranging from beef, veal, pork and game. Pomerol pairs perfectly with roasted chickens, mushrooms, truffle and any other earthy dishes. Matching Pomerol wine and cheese is another example of a perfect wine and food pairing.

Producer/Region

Domaine de la Motte is a 25 hectare, family-run winery handed down from father to son since 1950. Now under the stewardship of Bernard Michaut, an ex-chef, who works with his son Adrien. Their winemaking is meticulous and the wines are benchmarks for the region. They are fastidious about producing concentrated, mineral and very precise wines which reflect the particular terroirs of Chablis, with vines on both Portlandian and Kimmeridgian soils. Motte’s wines are regularly chosen for the Tastevinage label, a rigorous selection by the Confrérie des Chevaliers de Tastevin of wines they regard as offering the best of the region in terms of quality and style.

The vineyard is in the family for 3 generations (3.50 ha Mainly planted with Merlot 80%, then Cabernet Franc and  Cabernet Sauvignon equally sharing the remaining 20%. They are based in the Libournais area. The Libournais includes the sub-regions of Saint-Émilion and Pomerol (among others). There is an additional wine region of Entre-Deux-Mers, so called because it lies between the Garonne and Dordogne rivers, which combine to form the Gironde.

Pomerol is the smallest of the major fine wine regions in Bordeaux, covering an area that is  three kilometres wide by 4 kilometres long. It is roughly one-seventh of the size of its much larger Right Bank neighbour Saint-Émilion AOC and is on par with the smallest Left Bank commune of Saint-Julien AOC in the Médoc.

0